Thursday, February 28, 2013
Recap of February 28th 2013 Meeting
Our President announced that our Treasurer, Sharon Morine, was unable to continue to perform her duties and would be stepping down. Marilee Forst kindly volunteered to take over her duties and was nominated and elected unanimously. Thank you for your service, Sharon, and we all hope all goes well for you. Marilee, thank you for volunteering and helping to keep our Guild up to snuff.
The President conducted our meeting and the following was discussed:
1. Dues can be paid to Marilee and we had two members pay for 2013. Welcome back, Leslee Kosloy and a warm welcome to our newest member, Christa Watson. You can learn about Christa at her blog "ChristaQuilts".
2. The Madrona Road Challenge projects are due at the March 28th meeting. There will be prizes drawn at random for all who participate. We will be giving $10.00 Quiltique Buck to three lucky winners.
3. Our swap with the Fort Worth Modern Quilt Guild will happen! We will be making Mug Rugs in April and sending them to our sister guild members in May. Modern is the theme.
4. Our Banner is in progress. Soon to be revealed.
5. Our April meeting will be exciting since we are going to play a quilting game. Any suggestions for the type of game will be appreciated. We have a couple of ideas but welcome your input.
6. Quiltique store policies were restated. We should be respectful of the store, its customers and staff while we are meeting. Any shopping should be completed and paid by 7:45 pm so that the staff can perform their closing duties.
7. Two fabulous Scrappy Trip Along quilts were displayed. Jess and Cola have the lead in this one. Gorgeous quilts, ladies.
8. Some of us are going to work on the BOM Skillbuilder blocks we gleaned from the Bay Area Modern Quilt Guild. Join us. Perhaps we can create some charity quilts from the results.
9. The following Committees were formed and the members are:
CHARITY QUILTS: Patti Adams, Chairs and Andrea, Jessica, Marilee, Valerie and Marjorie will assist. Patti has accepted the Denyse Schmitt fabric and the group will choose a pattern or block design to get us started. We can work on it at sew-ins or have a sew meeting.
10 MINUTE TIPS: Members are Andrea, Becky, Patti A., Marjorie and Jena. Please get together to name a chair and have a 10 Minute Tip ready for the March 28th meeting.
RETREATS: Maria Hedrick will chair and the group will research potential sites and obtain in put from the membership on dates and locations. This committee consists of the chair and Andrea, Jessica, Patti A, Sandy and Deborah.
Each committee will perform their tasks or report their progress at each meeting.
VALERIE KENNEDY won $10.00 in Quiltique Bucks for wearing her handmade name tag. Don't forget yours next month.
We will be posting pics of our Show and Tell soon!
Happy Quilting, Everyone